Sunday 1 September 2013

Books to finish

Over recent months (years in one case) I've started 4 books and for one reason and another I haven't finished them, so my next mission is to finish them before I start anything new.

1 - J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring - I started this nearly 2 years ago immediately after reading The Hobbit, which I had enjoyed. I just couldn't get into this though. I've tried to pick it up a couple of times and its hard going. But I'm determined to finish it!

2 - Meg Cabot - The Princess Diaries - I started this as a light in the bath read a while ago and managed to leave it in the bathroom. Just discovered it in the cupboard this weekend so I shall finish it one night this week hopefully!

3 - Michael Morpurgo - My Friend Walter - I started this just before my holiday (so only a week ago) as a nice easy per-holiday read but I was so tired I kept nodding off. As a result I've only read about 20 pages so far. So I shall finish that some time this week.

4 - Robert Louis Stevenson - Treasure Island - I'm about half way through this I think. Need to check the exactly which page I'm on. This was a bus read before the holidays and I haven't been on many buses really! So this is now to finish once term starts again. Or just on an evening when I haven't much else to do (haha!)

Then I shall read something different...maybe by someone I've not read before :)

No comments:

Post a Comment