Saturday 4 January 2014

Michael Morpurgo - Little Foxes

I know I started it just before NY but have finished my first book of 2014 Little Foxes by Michael Morpurgo. It was a good story but not one of my favourites by Michael Morpurgo. I tend to prefer the stories he writes about people rather than animals. 

In the story Billy Bunch is a young boy wi a stutter who is fostered and unhappy. He discovers a Wilderness and saves the life of a beautiful young swan who keeps returning to check up on him (though not always seen by him). He later rescues a young fox and is told "the fox goes or you both go" you can probably guess what he decides...Billy and his fox go on the run under cover of darkness to avoid being taken back home and split up.  The story comes to a happy end (as usual I shed a small tear) 

Think I'll go for an easy read next before I continue with Lord of the Rings and Treasure Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment