Monday 13 January 2014

Helen Fielding - Bridget Jones' Diary

I've read this before (and seen the film several times) and it's quite an easy going light hearted read. It hasn't taken a great deal of time and I think the diary style has helped as it breaks up the story into such manageable sections.

I think there's probably some way in which nearly everyone can relate to Bridget at some point in the story and I think that's what makes her books so popular. She doesn't have the perfect home/job/family/love life and is a very average sort of person with many flaws. 

I've been recommended the new installment in her life and look forward to reading it, once I've re-read The Edge Of Reason.

For now though, it's time to return to the dreaded. Lord of the rings uh oh. I don't think I'll have trouble sleeping for the next few bus journeys...I mean nights! I think I'm actually about halfway through it and I don't intend to start again, but I will finish it this time...3rd time lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment